A 24-year-old male graduate student without prior medical or psychiatric history is reported by his mother to have been very anxious over the past 6 months, with increasing concern that people are watching him. He now claims to “hearing voices,” telling him what must be done to “ fix the country.” Important workup ? thyroid-stimulating hormone TSH, rapid plasma reagain (RPR), and brain imaging.
1. What is the diagnosis of this patient?
2. What is the age onset of this disorder?
3. What socioeconomic group suffers from this disorder?
4. What is the subtype of this disorder in this patient ?
5. List five positive and negative symptoms that we can find in schizophrenia disorder>
6. What is the treatment?
7. What are five characteristics associated with better prognosis?