Learning Activity W6
Hide Assignment Information
General Instructions for Learning Activity
Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in Overview.
Submit learning activities to the correct week’s Learning Activity tab in the Assignment Folder.
Put your name on your uploaded file. Refer to course materials, cases, and/or statutes to support conclusions. Review the grading rubric for Learning Activities.
Learning Activity: Due 11:59 pm ET, Saturday
Yeats wants you to begin research on current articles and issues related to technology and ethics in the legal profession. To that end, she assigns you the following research task.
1. Find a current article in a legal publication about technology in the legal profession and it relationship to ethics and professional responsibility.
AAfPE (American Association for Paralegal Education) publications
NALA (National Association of Legal Associations) publications
State bar association publications
Law school Law Review Journal articles, other scholarly articles
The Wall Street Journal
Other periodical publications so long as they are substantive articles
Blogs, newsletters, law firm websites, cable new sites, WIKIS, and newspapers (other than The Wall Street Journal) may NOT be used as resources.
If you have any doubt whether your resource is acceptable, ask the professor, please.
2. List the URL and title for the article
3. Summarize the article in 1-2 paragraphs.
4. Analyze and discuss specific potential ethical issues the technology creates for the legal profession. 5. Research whether there an existing Model Rule and/or Model Guideline relevant to the technology discussed in the article.
(1) If there is an existing Model Rule or Model Guideline related to the technology, identify it by number, and briefly explain how/why the Rule or Guideline is relevant to the technology.
(2) If there is not an existing Model Rule or Model Guideline related to the technology, is one needed? Why or why not?
6. Analyze and discuss how the technology might affect how paralegals do their jobs.
Label all parts of response.
Support all conclusions in detail, specifically, in depth, and with reference to relevant assigned course materials.
Use correct, complete sentences in paragraph
Learning Activity W6